Top 10 Richest People in Malawi
Top 10 Richest People in Malawi
Hi everybody, on this page we will list the most extravagant and richest Malawians. Eish, a portion of these individuals by one way or another keep on acquiring cash and resources while some way or another the greater part actually battle to create gains following quite a while of difficult work, I surmise the maxim is still evident, the rich get more extravagant. In any case, I trust you will partake in this rundown which is refreshed as of May 2021. Regardless of whether it propels you or makes you question a few things, that is dependent upon you. You can generally leave a remark beneath or get in touch with us on the off chance that you figure we should include or eliminate specific data on this page. Top 10 Richest People in Malawi.
Underneath we will list the richest individuals in Malawi as indicated by their Net worth. We have additionally chosen to list their Net worth in United Dollars and Malawi Kwacha also so it very well may be simpler for those of you who are contrasting the rundown and individuals from different nations. Total assets is the worth of the relative multitude of non-monetary and monetary resources claimed by a singular short the worth, everything being equal/her exceptional liabilities.
A singular’s Net worth alludes to a singular’s net financial position, the worth of the singular’s resources fewer liabilities. Instances of resources somebody would factor into their total assets incorporate retirement accounts, different ventures, home(s), and vehicles. Liabilities incorporate got obligation, like a home loan and uncollateralized debt, like individual credits or buyer obligations.
10. Dr E.D Nyirongo
- Dr E.D Nyirongo Net worth: 50 million USD / 39 billion kwacha
- Sources of Wealth: Farming, Exporting and real estate.
- Dr E.D Nyirongo is a Malawian Businessman with investments in farming, real estate and exporting rare materials like Bauxite.
9. Joyce Banda
- Joyce Banda Net worth: 51 million USD / 40 billion kwacha
- Sources of Wealth: Business and investments.
- Joyce Banda is a former President of Malawi, founder of Peoples Party(PP) and a businesswoman who owns multiple companies throughout Malawi. She is the richest Woman in Malawi.
8. Gospel Kazako
Gospel Kazako Net worth: 68 million USD / 53 billion kwacha
Sources of Wealth: Telecommunications; Zodiak TV and Zodiak Radio.
Gospel Kazako is a Malawian businessman and politician who owns one of the biggest radio and television companies in Malawi.
7. Leston Mulli
Leston Mulli Net worth: 78 million USD / 61 billion kwacha
Sources of Wealth: Farming, transport and investments; Mulli Group of Companies
Leston Mulli is a seasoned Malawian businessman with multiple companies and investments all through Malawi and Africa.
6. Bakili Muluzi
- Bakili Muluzi Net worth: 103 million USD / 80 billion kwacha
- Sources of Wealth: Farming, transport, filling stations and real estate.
- Bakili Muluzi is a former Malawian President, founder of the UDF political party and businessman. He owns several companies and real estate properties throughout Malawi.
5. Aniz Suleman
- Suleman Net worth: 136 million USD / 107 billion kwacha
- Sources of Wealth: Farming and real estate; Right Price, Northgate, Glenae Poultry, Conforzi Plantations.
- Suleman is a Malawian businessman. He owns several companies and real estate property, most of the property being in Limbe.
4. Jimmy Korea Mpatsa
Mpatsa Net worth: 138 million USD / 108 billion kwacha
Sources of Wealth: Farming, Tourism, Real estate and investments; Mpatsa Holdings Limited & Mpatsa Trust.
Jimmy Korea Mpatsa is a seasoned Malawian businessman with farms, lodges, and transport vehicles.
3. Shepherd Bushiri
Bushiri Net worth: 140 million USD / 109 billion kwacha
Sources of Wealth: Church, Tourism and investments; ECG and Shepherd Bushiri Investments.
Shepherd Bushiri is a Malawian church leader or prophet. He is the leader of the Enlightened Christian Gathering Church.
2. Simbi Phiri
- Simbi Phiri Net worth: 190 million USD / 149 billion kwacha
- Sources of Wealth: Construction; Khato Civils and South Zambezi Consortium.
- Simbi Phiri is a Malawian businessman who is currently based in South Africa. He owns a multi-national construction company known as Khato Civils.
1. Thom Mpinganjira
- Mpinganjira Net worth: 220 million usd / 172 billion kwacha
- Sources of Wealth: Banking and investments; FDH Financial Holdings.
- Thom Mpinganjira is a seasoned Malawian businessman who was once the CEO of FDH Bank, Reunion Insurance and many other companies. He is the Richest Man in Malawi.