Unicaf University Malawi BA in English Language
Information about the Unicaf University Malawi BA in English Language for this Academic year. Applicants can find valuable insights regarding the subject on this page. Welcome to Studyinmalawi.com. The above is information will assist you to make an informed decision.
Brief History; Unicaf University pursues excellence in teaching and student achievement while ensuring a high degree of satisfaction in a dynamic online environment. Unicaf University is committed to setting high standards in Higher Education while working with relevant stakeholders to drive the evolution of online learning. Unicaf University aims to become the leading tertiary institution in Africa, recognized for its outstanding contribution to teaching, learning and research.
Details About Unicaf University Malawi
The BA English Language and Literature is an innovative threefold degree programme which is comprised of English language teaching methodology, English literature and linguistics modules. The students will study the linguistic systems underlying language, exploring in detail how the language is structured, acquired, used and taught. In addition, the relationship between text, language, reader and author, society, economy, politics, culture and the individual will be explored.
The courses of the linguistics component aim to provide students with a thorough grounding of the principles underpinning the study of language and the diversity of linguistic study. The teaching modules
aim to provide students with knowledge and skills relevant to teaching English with an emphasis on classroom management and the use of technology. The courses in literature in English target the critical analysis of literary texts and film of different historical periods, geographical locations and genres.
Aim of the Programme
The aim of the programme is to provide students with a double major in the areas of English Literature and Linguistics, incorporating aspects of teaching methodology.
Objectives of the Programme
The degree objectives target students’ ability to:
1. demonstrate critical thinking skills as reader, writer and viewer to literature and film in English from different genres, geographical spaces and historical periods.
2. recognize, explain and apply current approaches in literary theory.
3. analyse and discuss a variety of literary texts and theories brought in dialogic interaction.
4. examine the relationship between text, reader, author and the sociocultural and politico-economic context.
5. recognize linguistic resources that may be exploited in written texts.
6. combine descriptive analysis with more critical and theoretical work, which develops students’ understanding of texts and/or language systems.
7. describe, explain and interpret linguistic systems underlying language acquisition and development.
8. identify and apply language in use patterns.
9. demonstrate high proficiency in English.
10. combine teaching methodologies in order to facilitate learning.
At studyinmalawi.com we provide you with Links to the most important information about the Schools. E.g. Fees Structure, Accommodations, Vacancies, Admissions, Official Address, Contact Details and History.