ShareWORLD Open University BSc in Public Health
Information about the ShareWORLD Open University Malawi SOUMA BSc in Public Health for this Academic year. Applicants can find valuable insights regarding the subject on this page. Welcome to Studyinmalawi.com. The above is information will assist you to make an informed decision.
Brief History; When you choose a university you are making a big investment decision for your future and therefore you need to give a careful consideration to all its information available. In today’s society, there is a genuine need for a university that offers its students quality academic and professional career education in an atmosphere of personalized attention. Share WORLD Open University Malawi (SOUMA) offers professional career educational programs that prepare them to enter their chosen career field upon graduation and excel beyond limits, competing well with any other students worth the salt. At SOUMA, each student is considered an individual, and the University strives to be aware at all times of the needs of each member of its student body.
Details About ShareWORLD Open University
Admission of applicants will be based on consideration of individual academic attainment with experience and recommendations. Admittance of students who are physically, mentally or emotionally challenged will be accepted at the discretion of the University’s Admissions Committee. Students with slight to moderate learning difficulties may be admitted if it is believed that their needs can be dealt with by the University’s Educational Support Programme and the students can be placed in the regular classroom for most subjects.
Entry to the SOUMA programmes will be open to ALL applicants that satisfy the following:
- Certified valid full FINAL Secondary School Certificate or equivalent with credit passes in English, Mathematics and any one Science subject AND acceptable passes in another three subjects.
- Mature career oriented applicants holding a full Secondary School or equivalent with at least three years experience in Business/Finance, or HRM oriented field or any relevant field of work with documented competence and expertise in the specific knowledge and activities backed by strong recommendation from the employer.
- A Level certificate holders with business orientation who have at least three principal
passes and an aggregate score of 12 points will receive subject to subject exemptions in
year 1 and/or may be admitted into second year.
- Holders of Diploma, Advanced Diploma, HND and Professional Certificates from
recognized institutions will be considered entry at an appropriate level commensurate
with their awards.
- Applicants as per 1 above may be subjected to an aptitude test covering four areas: English, Mathematics, Reasoning and Analysis and General Knowledge which one must attain a minimum of 50% pass WHILE applicants falling under 2 to 4 may be subjected to an interview covering, inter alia general global business knowledge.
- Final selection of the above applicants to SOUMA is competitive and on merit based on the basic aggregates: initial entry requirements plus results of the aptitude test and/or the interview.
- Entering University?
Have you been looking at universities in Malawi, Zambia, South Africa and beyond? If you are keen in obtaining a professional career-focused education, we urge you to learn more about SOUMA. Remember, not all universities are created equal. At SOUMA, we are ‘Primus Inter Pares’ – FIRST AMONG EQUALS.
At studyinmalawi.com we provide you with Links to the most important information about the Schools. E.g. Fees Structure, Accommodations, Vacancies, Admissions, Official Address, Contact Details and History.