Blantyre International University Bachelor of Banking and Finance
Information about the Blantyre International University BIU Bachelor of Banking and Finance for this Academic year. Applicants can find valuable insights regarding the subject on this page. Welcome to Studyinmalawi.com. The above is information will assist you to make an informed decision.
Brief History; Blantyre International University BIU) was established in 2008 to provide high quality university education for this century. This is predicated on its belief that education must be life-long – that education is not a spatial monopoly of something called the school and college; not a time-bound learning experience; there is no such thing as childhood education, adolescent education, youth education, or adult education.
Details About Blantyre International University BIU
The primary objective of Banking and Finance programme is to offer market driven training aimed at enhancing sound economic and financial sector growth and stability in Malawi and the SADC region. The programme is open to students drawn from the financial sector and policy making institutions and those intending to pursue a career in Banking and finance. It seeks to equip students with relevant cutting edge knowledge and skills that adequately address both theoretical and practical needs of this dynamic sector. One of its features is its holistic approach to banking and finance.
Aim of the Programme
To provide students with graduate level knowledge, specific skills and applied competences that provide opportunities for personal intellectual growth, gainful economic activity and valuable contribution to the society in the fields associated with financial services and international banking and investment.
The specific objectives of the programme are to:
- Provide knowledge and understanding of the nature of financial systems, and the particular roles played by banks and non-bank financial institutions
- Develop the capacity to appraise and compile economic and financial data
- Develop an appreciation of international dimension of financial systems and the ability to apply appropriate risk management techniques
- Create the capacity to understand, assess and comment on both private and public finances e- Appreciate the key financial decisions made by corporations
- Understand and appreciate the various financing techniques and the use of equity and bond markets to raise finance
- Acquire knowledge and understanding of different financial systems, including those in emerging economies and countries in transition
- Provide an understanding of the theory, methodology and techniques of research in banking and finance, and also of the potential limitations of research in this field.
- Applicants for admission into the undergraduate programme will be subject to selective screening based on academic achievement at secondary school level. The Table below shows the standards for evaluating secondary school’s credentials for undergraduate admission.
Examination Minimum Requirement
Malawi Secondary School Certificate (MSCE) or IGSCE/GSCE A full certificate with at least six credit passes, including the following subjects:
- Introduction to Accounting
- Business Studies/Principles of Accounting
A-Level : One ‘A’ level pass
IB : One upper level pass
Mature Entry : Work or Business Experience of three years or more
At studyinmalawi.com we provide you with Links to the most important information about the Schools. eg. Fees Structure, Accommodations, Vacancies, Admissions, Official Address, Contact Details and History.