MUST Postgraduate Application Forms 2022-2023
MUST Postgraduate Application Forms 2022-2023
Information about the Malawi University of Science and Technology MUST Postgraduate Application Forms for this Academic year. Applicants can find valuable insights regarding the subject on this page. Welcome to Studyinmalawi.com. The above is information will assist you to make an informed decision.
|Read Also» List of Universities, Colleges and Schools in Malawi|
Brief History; The Malawi University of Science and Technology is a public university in Thyolo in South Malawi. It was established on 17 December 2012. MUST opened doors in March 2014, the first undergraduate programmes were: 1. Metallurgy and Materials Engineering 2. Chemical Engineering 3. Biomedical Engineering
Details About Malawi University
The admission requirement into the postgraduate programmes shall be:
A bachelor’s degree from any recognised institution of higher learning with at least a strong pass in relevant fields as specified in programme specification document. Applicants with 3 years plus relevant working experience at graduate level will be given a priority.
MUST PhD programmes will lead to the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in a specific field of study as designed by school/Faculty or Department. MUST PhD programmes would provide students with advanced knowledge in key areas.
Admission to PhD programmes requires the completion of a Master’s degree in a relevant field from an acceptable university programme. Candidates with a Master’s degree in related fields may be accepted based on the assessment of MUST faculty members on the candidate’s proficiency in any specific field and assessment of an initial research proposal submitted together with the application form.
Candidates must have:
l.A good Bachelor’s degree from any recognized university.
2.At least two years of work experience in a relevant field.
3.A letter of undertaking to pay the required fees from the applicants or their parent/guardian or sponsor with evidence of reliable source of income.
C. Tuition fee for the above programmes is US$5,000 or Malawi Kwacha equivalent per academic year.
D. To be considered, applicants must submit the following mandatory requirements:
1. A completed postgraduate application form available at MUST registry (or downloaded on MUST website on www.must.ac.mw under Media Centre, then Downloads)
2. A motivational essay of 500 words
3. Certified copies of academic certificates
4. Sealed academic transcripts
5. Proof of funding, for example sponsorship letter or copies of appropriate financial records for self-sponsored students
6.Two reference letters (one academic and one professional)
7. An original bank deposit slip of a non-refundable application fee of K10,000 for Malawians and US$100 for all non-Malawians. Payment of application fees should be made into the bank account provided below:
MUST Students Account
Type of Account:
E. Deadline for Submission of Application Forms
The deadline for receipt of completed applications is July 31, 2019. For enquiries please contact the Postgraduate Programme Coordinator, Mrs E. Ulaya on email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phones: +265 1478279/ +265 1478000. Completed application forms should be sent to:
Malawi University of Science and Technology
P.O. Box 5196,
MUST Postgraduate Application Form 2022-2023; Unless otherwise specified in the programme document, admission of ‘O and A level applicants shall be based on the following:
- Holders of MSCE, IGSCE or other internationally recognised qualification comparable to ‘O’ level certificates with at least six credits including Mathematics, Physical Science/Physics, chemistry, and at least a pass of 7 points or its equivalent in English language obtained in the current year or the previous year. For purposes of selection, ‘O’ level grades are interpreted as follows: A*=1, A=2, B=3, C=5, D=7, EFG=8. Please note the difference in the interpretation for the ‘A’ level grades.
- Candidates with ‘A’ level qualifications must have a minimum of three principal passes which should include Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry with aggregate of at least 9 points obtained in the current year or the preceding two years. For purposes of selection, ‘A’ level grades are interpreted as follows: A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2, E=1. Please note the difference in the interpretation for the ‘O’ level grades.
- Candidates with an International Baccalaureate (IB) must have a minimum of 30 points obtained in the current year or the preceding two years with bias in science subjects.
- Candidates with an Advanced Subsidiary (AS) certificate must have achieved at least grade ‘C’ in four AS-Level recognised subjects plus IGSCE credits in Mathematics, Physics/Chemistry, and at least a pass in English language (as in 2.1), obtained in the current year or the preceding years.
- Candidates with a National Senior Certificate (NSC) must have a minimum score of 60% (Achievement Level 5) in four designated NSC subjects including Mathematics and Physics/Chemistry, and at least a pass in English language (as in 2.1) obtained in the current year or the preceding year.
At studyinmalawi.com we provide you with Links to the most important information about the Schools. eg. Fees Structure, Accommodations, Vacancies, Admissions, Official Address, Contact Details and History