Lilongwe University LUANAR Animal Science Department
Information about the Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources LUANAR Animal Science Department for this Academic year. Applicants can find valuable insights regarding the subject on this page. Welcome to Studyinmalawi.com. The above is information will assist you to make an informed decision.
Brief History; The Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources is a university outside Lilongwe, Malawi. It was formed in 2011 by a merger between Bunda College of Agriculture of the University of Malawi and Natural Resources College.
Details About Lilongwe University
To be a centre of excellence in animal sciences
To advance and promote knowledge, skills, innovation, self-reliance and sound character in animal science for sustainable livestock production and utilisation,improved income, food security and nutrition; conservation and management of animal biodiversity, environment and natural resources through teaching, learning and training, research, outreach and consultancy in response to national and international needs
Lilongwe University LUANAR Animal Objectives
- To produce high quality, creative and practically oriented graduates
- To conduct basic, applied and adaptive system oriented research that would lead to developing and publicizing new adapted and sustainable technologies
- To train field personnel in various livestock disciplines, modern methods of livestock production through short courses
- To enhance direct contact with farmers and promote livestock production through participatory outreach approaches.
- To participate in providing practical solutions to problems in the animal industry
- To contribute to sustainable management and utilization of farm animal genetic resources in Malawi and the SADC region.
Lilongwe University LUANAR Animal Department Activities
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate students: The courses are practical oriented and this is enhanced by a well equipped students’ farm.
- Research and outreach activities: There are vast research and outreach activities that are ongoing in the department. These include, USAID Trilateral project at LUANAR and surrounding communities; community goat breeding project (USAID CBBP) project in Lilongwe, Mzuzu & Nsanje Districts; LUANAR/SRUC dairy diploma project, AGROSCOPE dairy project in Lilongwe and Chiladzulu districts; APPSA dairy project in Lilongwe, Mzuzu and Blantyre ADDs; CABMACC Dairy Project in Dedza..
- Dairy learning centre, goat and poultry promotion programs: The programs promote production of dairy cattle, goats and poultry.
- Production of various breeds of farm animals: Species include goats, pigs, rabbits, and poultry. Breeding stock, meat and other products from these animals are available for sale.
- Short courses: Standard and customized short courses in various areas of animal science are available throughout the year. Offered within the standard curriculum and special stakeholders requests. Farmers, Trainers of Trainers (ToT), Agricultural Extension Officers (Government, Private and NGO), Entrepreneurs and Processors are welcome to apply.
Lilongwe University LUANAR intake Bunda Campus
National Bank Account: Bunda Fees Account, Account number: 217562, Lilongwe Branch.
NBS Account: Bunda Fees Account, Account number: 0050886475017, Lilongwe Branch.
Lilongwe University LUANAR intake City Campus
National Bank Account: LUANAR Off Campus, Account Number 1001595691, Lilongwe Branch,
Open and Distance Learning (ODL)
National Bank Account: LUANAR ODL FEES, 1002868683, Lilongwe Gateway Service Center.
For registration, candidates will be required to present proof of fees payment of at least 50% of the total annual tuition fees in form of a bank deposit slip bearing the name of the candidate as well as original copies of their academic certificates, identity documents and two passport size photographs. Only students who will have paid fees and fulfilled the registration requirements shall be granted access to university services and facilities.
Students are reminded that they will have to fend for their own transport, food, accommodation, stationery and all upkeep requirements during the entire period of their studies on campus.
For more information regarding this intake, visit the Admissions Office at LUANAR Bunda Campus or contact us on (+265) 1 277 222 during working days from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The list of successful candidates can also be accessed from the LUANAR website: http://www.bunda.luanar.mw or Simply Click Here
At studyinmalawi.com we provide you with Links to the most important information about the Schools. eg. Fees Structure, Accommodations, Vacancies, Admissions, Official Address, Contact Details and History