UNIMA College of Medicine Entry Requirements 2022-2023
Information about the University of Malawi UNIMA College of Medicine Entry Requirements during the current year. Regularly Applicants find it hard to get valuable insights regarding the subject. Welcome to Studyinmalawi.com. The above is an itemized depiction of UNIMA College of Medicine.
Brief History; The University is inviting possibilities to apply for admission to begin their Tertiary school venture, guiding their way to their vocation decision. Application structures are rounded out and sent online in many conditions, however actual duplicates might be acknowledged in certain circumstances. Our page gives you information regarding what to the viewpoint.
Significant Details About University of Malawi UNIMA College of Medicine
Category 1: MBBS, BSc Pharmacy, Bsc Physiotherapy and Bsc Medical Lab Sciences
Entry Year: Foundation (Year 0)
Six credits at MSCE or its equivalent including English and Mathematics plus a minimum of 4 points in
Biology and Physical Science/ Chemistry.
Entry Year: 1
A-Level passes with a grade of at least ‘C’ in Biology, Chemistry and a third science subject like Mathematics or Physics obtained in the current year or the previous 2 years. O-Level credit passes in English and Mathematics if these two subjects were not done at A-Levels. Or
Recognized Bachelor of Science/Education Science Degree majoring in Biology and Chemistry.
Category 2: Health Management
Entry Year: 3
At least a recognized Diploma with a minimum of two years working experience in the health sector as either a Health Service Manager (Hospital Administrator), Clinical Officer, Assistant Environmental Health Officer, Pharmacy Technician, Human Resource Officer, Health Information Officer and Registered Nurse/Midwife.
Category 3: Bachelor’s Degrees for Clinical Officers
Entry Year: 3
6 Subjects passed with credit at O-level including Mathematics and a recognised Diploma in Clinical Medicine or its equivalent from a recognised institution plus at least two years working experience as a Clinical Officer providing surgical and other clinical care services at a district or rural hospital. Additionally, candidates must demonstrate evidence of leadership skills, excellent communication skills, commitment and experience of doing the degree programme of their choice, excellence in data recording and record-keeping, academic capacity and potential, commitment to providing clinical services at district or rural/mission hospitals in Malawi.
A. Masters in Medicine (MMed) Programs (4 years)
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) or it’s equivalent from any recognized university
- Be registerable with the Malawi Medical Council as a Medical Practitioner
- One year post-internship work experience
B. Master in Public Health (MPH) Program (2-year block release program)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject from any recognized university
- At least two years of work experience in a relevant field is essential
- Research experience or scientific publications are desirable
Candidates interested in health bioinformatics should have experience in information technology and have to indicate this area of interest on the application form.
C. Master of Philosophy (MPhil)/Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Program
These are postgraduate degree programs by research (2 years for MPhil; 3-4 years for PhD). Candidates
may apply to be considered for
- the University of Malawi PhD degree program or
- the Joint College of Medicine-University of Liverpool PhD degree programs.
- the African Centre of Excellence for Public Health and Herbal Medicine.
- Masters degree in a relevant subject from any recognized university or;
- A medical degree or its equivalent, or appropriate Honours degree in the first or upper second division in a relevant discipline
At studyinmalawi.com we provide you with Links to the most important information about the Schools. eg. Tuition Fees, Accommodations, Vacancies, Admissions, Official Address, Contact Details and History.