Mzuzu University Open Distance Learning ODL 2022-2023
Information about the Mzuzu University Open Distance Learning ODL for this Academic year. Applicants can find valuable insights regarding the subject on this page. Welcome to Studyinmalawi.com. The above is information will assist you to make an informed decision.
Brief History; Mzuzu University is one of the principal universities of Malawi. The school is located in Mzuzu, in the northern region of Malawi. It was founded in 1997 and accepted its first students in 1999.
The rationale for the Centre for Open and Distance Learning
The Centre is established to provide an opportunity for those qualified for tertiary education but cannot be enrolled in conventional institutions because of limitations of bed and teaching spaces, and also to offer opportunities for professional development and lifelong learning to various groups of people at their convenience time, pace and place.
The vision of the Centre for Open and Distance Learning
The vision of the Centre for Open and Distance Learning is to increase and broaden access to quality tertiary education in order to create an open, inclusive and informed society necessary for engaging with the numerous development challenges of Malawi.
The mission of the Centre for Open and Distance Learning
The mission of the Centre is to offer quality tertiary education, training, research and outreach; and professional development programmes to a wider population in Malawi, while at the same time responding to changing needs and emerging issues as ushered in by a rapidly changing society.
Goals of the Centre for Open and Distance Learning
The Centre for Open and Distance Learning seeks to:
- It Provides accessible, affordable and equitable education and training opportunities to as many people as possible
- Provide an opportunity for education and training to all categories of people who could not enrol with conventional tertiary education institutions
- It provides an enabling environment for lifelong learning for the entire citizenry
- Provide education and training that is responsive to the changing world and emerging issues
- Carry out research and outreach activities that are aimed at improving the quality of life of the people
Continuing Education Programmes
The Centre for Open and Distance Learning also offers continuing education programmes for those in employment and out of school, yet seeking professional training. These courses are offered using the evening classes instructional mode. Examples of programmes offered through this mode include but are not limited to:
- Information and Communications Technology (ICT) at Certificate and Intermediate levels (Examined and certified by Mzuzu University)
- Business Management at Certificate and Advanced Certificate levels (Examined and certified by Mzuzu University)
- Business Management at Certificate, Diploma Part I and Diploma Part II levels (Examined by Association of Business Executives)
- Travel, Tourism and Hospitality Management at Certificate level (Examined by Association of Business Executives)
- Human Resource Management at Diploma and Advanced Diploma levels (Examined by Institute of Commercial Management)
- Accounting at Certificate in Financial Accounting, Accounting Technician Diploma and Foundation Stage of ACCA/PAEC Joint Scheme levels (Examined by Public Accountants Examination Council of Malawi)
- Purchasing and Supply at Certificate, Advanced Certificate and Foundation Diploma levels (Examined by The Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to apply for studies, through Open, Distance and eLearning delivery mode, leading to the award of a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Communication Studies, with the Centre for Open, Distance and eLearning. All admitted candidates will be self-sponsored. The applications should reach the University the required closing date.
Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies
MSCE or its equivalent with six credits including English and any other five subjects plus at least a pass in Mathematics.
– Diploma in Communication Studies, Public Relations, Journalism and other related fields. These candidates will join the programme in the second year.
– Evidence of an MSCE or its equivalent.
4 years 3 years)
The Bachelor of Arts Communication Studies has been designed to offer adequate theoretical grounding as well as to facilitate the acquisition of practical experience in communication and its role in socio-economic development especially within the fields of reputation management, health communication, environmental communication, strategic communication, integrated marketing communication and corporate social responsibility, among others.
All applicants should complete a Mzuzu University 2020/2021 ODeL Admission Application Form and attach copies of their academic qualifications.
Application forms can be obtained from the Mzuzu University website www.mzuni.ac.mw, all District Education Managers’ Offices and at the Porters Lodge or Registry at Mzuzu University Campus.
Applications should be sent by post or delivered by hand at Mzuzu University Campus in the Registry.
Applications should be submitted with an admission application fee of K10,000.00 for Malawian applicants and US$150 for international applicants. Applications submitted without the admission application fee will be disqualified. Please note that the admission application fee is non-refundable.
Payment of Admission Application Fee
The application fee should be paid by depositing the amount of K10,000 into the following bank account:
Name of the Bank: NBS Bank
Account Name: Mzuzu University Fee Collection Account
Account Number: 14389172
Branch: Mzuzu Branch
Swift code (for international transfers): NBSTMWMW
Students will be required to attach the bank deposit slip to the admission application form.
All applications should be sent by post or delivered by hand to the following address:
2022-2023 FoHSS ODeL Admissions
Private Bag 201
To reach the Registrar’s Office not later than the deadline
All other enquiries should be directed to the office of the University registrar using the following facilities: E-mail: email@example.com Telephone: +265 1 320 575 and Dean of Humanities and Social Sciences on: firstname.lastname@example.org
At studyinmalawi.com we provide you with Links to the most important information about the Schools. eg. Tuition Fees, Accommodations, Vacancies, Admissions, Official Address, Contact Details and History.