UNIMA The Polytechnic PhD Environmental Sanitation
This article contains information about the University of Malawi UNIMA The Polytechnic PhD Environmental Sanitation for this year. Most often Applicants find it difficult to get useful details about the topic. Welcome to Studyinmalawi.com. The above is a detailed description of UNIMA The Polytechnic.
Brief History; The University is inviting prospects to apply for admission to begin their Tertiary school journey, guiding their path to their career choice. Application forms are filled out and sent online in most circumstances, though physical copies may be accepted in some situations. Our page gives you information about what to aspect.
Environmental sanitation encompasses the control of environmental factors that are connected to disease transmission. Subsets of this category are solid waste management, water and wastewater treatment, industrial waste treatment and noise pollution control.
Name: PhD and Master of Philosophy in Applied Sciences (Environmental Sanitation)
Faculty: Faculty of Applied Sciences
Period: 4 years
Award: Doctorate Degree
Criteria for Admission
The Faculty of Applied Sciences will ensure that prospective research students have access to detailed information about the programme. The information will be relayed through graduate research opportunities, through departmental literature, or during the promotion of a specific funded research award.
The minimum information will include that:
- The broad academic area within which the research activity may be undertaken is public health engineering and, where appropriate, a more detailed project description and at least two name(s) of the proposed supervisor(s);
- The candidate has an MSc or MPhil in Natural Science;
- Duration of the research degree is 3 years with a possible extension of 1 year for full-time students, and 5 years with a possible extension of 2 years for part-time students;
- The resources, including supervision, which the College will make available to research students.
- The fees payable by the prospective students, or that which would be paid on their behalf by a sponsor such as a research council or industrial/commercial partner shall be US$10,000 tuition and a guideline figure of US$10,000 for research;
- Where appropriate, the type and likely monetary value of any research award, and any restrictions or conditions attached to such an award.
- Where agencies external to the University might be involved in providing funding or other assistance, the department will clearly indicate whether or not monetary or other assistance has actually been secured;
- The administrative stages which are involved in the research project following acceptance.
- The departmental contact point for further information.
Application and Selection of Candidates
The application procedure and selection of candidates is guided by the requirements stipulated in section 3 of the General Postgraduate Regulations Handbook of The Polytechnic (GPRH).
At studyinmalawi.com we provide you with Links to the most important information about the Schools. eg. Fees Structure, Accommodations, Vacancies, Admissions, Official Address, Contact Details and History.